Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 Viewing Journal #5

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"
Having read the three books, and having recently watched the Swedish version of this film, I feel qualified to hyperbolize my reaction to David Fincher's new film, and to the performance of Mara Rooney in the title role. And my hyperbole is thus - 'the single greatest movie made from a Stieg Larsson novel ever!'

Far superior to the Swedish film and like, Jonathan Demme's 'Silence of the Lambs', William Friedkin's 'The Exorcist' and Fincher's own 'Fight Club', a movie that at least equals, and arguably surpasses, the art of the original novel. Highly recommended.


"Contraband"
Mark Wahlberg's new flick is EXACTLY how you may imagine it to be. If the trailer impresses you enough to pay the ticket price (which it actually didn't for me, I just honestly found myself at the theater with nothing better to do), then you'll be all set. Passable and competent in every way (again, based on your interest and expectation from the trailer, it's a fine, passable and competent heist drama.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker