Friday, June 29, 2007

Moving on...

I'll probably have a couple more SIMPSONS posts in the near future, but for now I've kinda had it with the little yellow fuckers. I've got a life to lead and a career to tend to. To wit:

-ATTACK OF THE SPACE CHICKENS: I had brought mine and Scott's working draft of the latest script on vacation with me, but I was much too busy hobnobbing with Rogue and Wolverine at Universal Studios to do anything with it. But I NEED to get back to it. I NEED to feel better about the script (and I already feel pretty good about, I just NEED to unconditionally love every character, story element and semi-colon. I'm confident I will soon.

-VALLEY WHEEL BASEBALL - I missed last weeks game during my abovementioned vacation, so I absolutely can't wait for this Sunday. Our 5-1 Royals are playing the 6-0 Indians. We're gonna draw blood. I'm batting lefty now, with pretty good results. I'm 2-2 left-handed, 7-18 righthanded, which puts me close to .500 for the season.

-OTHER WRITING: I've got some interesting things happening. First is the screenplay I've been commissioned to write; if we can agree on a price, I start in a week or so. I plan to have the first draft done before school starts in September. The idea, concept and story all belong to someone else; I'm just a hack for hire.

---I've also been approached to semi-ghost write a book for somebody. There's money in it, and while I'm neutral to the subject (it's non-fiction), it's good money and I'm being hired to write. I'm a writer, right?

---I'm also considering approaching the folder on my computer named "Blog", and thinking about double clicking on the file named "Book_Blog4.3.doc". That's my book on low budget filmmaking. It's well over 200 pages, but still needs some serious work. I still believe it has the potential to be publish-able. I just need to read the damn thing and steel myself for some hard decisions regarding its current state.


And finally, although I'm all SIMPSON'd out, starting Monday the Simpsons/USA Today site goes live. I absolutely cannot wait to see the 13-14 other entries into the contest, and I dread seeing the reaction to ours. It's painful, putting yourself out there... exhilirating when you nail it, crushing if you don't; there doesn't seem to be an in-between for me. Probably explains a lot.

Anyway, go here right now. You can sign up for an e-mail newsletter to announce the start of voting.

Vote for the best, I implore you. I just truly hope you find ours the best.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jax said...

Great blog Marty! You're a one man Simpsons in Spfld, Mass promoting machine.... and there's other stuff, too! ;) seriously, very entertaining. I'll keep readin'.

jac

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker