Monday, May 28, 2007

Monday update...

I think I may make an effort to update every Monday. It's seems like a thing to do. I like it. Update every Monday. Yeah.


-ATTACK OF THE SPACE CHICKENS revised second draft. I hope to be done by Friday. It's been fun revisiting the script, especially writing a draft with an eye toward production.


-THE SIMPSONS' rules are in and I hope to meet with the other involved parties tomorrow. I had written a "spec" draft of a script that I quite liked (I'll probably post it here at some point), but it doesn't seem to have a lot of support from the troops. That's cool, though. Short and funny, that's the dictate. My original was long and clever. Which I prefer.

-Teaching is done. Grades are done. Extra paychecks are done.


-Watched HOT FUZZ over the weekend. LOVED IT. Very funny film (especially if you liked BAD BOYS 2, and recognized it for it's absolutely insanity and inanity. Which I of course did). With this and SHAUN OF THE DEAD, Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg are becoming two of my absolute favorite guys.


-Just finished reading "Killing Yourself To Live" by Chuck Klosterman. A couple of months ago I purchased 4 books from Barnes & Noble, and it wasn't until I got home that I realized they were all written by men whose first names were Chuck. This was one of them. I love Chuck Klosterman. If you haven't read him, Google his name and look for some of his essays from ESPN, SPIN, or Esquire. He's the type of writer that one can immediately, or at least within 250 words, determine if they're for them. He's most certainly for me.

-I need to read my buddy Jeff's second draft of THE TRICK OR TREATERS. After pouring over 40 twenty page scripts from students, though, I just haven't been able to bring myself to pick up another screenplay. This week. I promise.


-I started to watch THE FOUNTAIN the other night but was interrupted about 40 minutes in. I haven't gone back into it, and don't know if I will. While I recognized a voice in there, and appreciated it's look, it was a freezing cold movie that struck me as overly obtuse. Does that make sense? I was going to rewrite that previous statement, and replace "overly obtuse" with something else. But I like it. Overy obtuse. That's what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker