Tuesday, May 08, 2007

BAVA


Mario Bava is actually quite a mystery to me. I've only seen one of his movies (only half way through), and was only half impressed with it. He is considered many things, not the least of which is one of the most influential directors of all time. Hearing this often enough from people whose opinions I wholeheartedly trust, pushed me into pre-order Tim Lucas' upcoming Bava biography, All the Colors of the Night. Only cost me a hundred books, but the book weighs over 12 pounds. That's a lot of book.

Plus, I'm obsesssed with buying THE MARIO BAVA COLLECTION, VOLUME ONE, featuring the films, Black Sunday, Black Sabbath, The Girl Who Knew Too Much, Kill Baby Kill, Knives of the Avenger. This sucker costs about $50.00.

Now again, bear in mind that I've never actually seen a complete Mario Bava movie, so this really falls into the realm of compulsion, rather than actual need, or even actual want.

Anyway, by this time in 6 months, I expect to be a Bava scholar. Then maybe I'll have substantive to say about a man whom I spent a day's salary on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker