Thursday, April 13, 2006

South Park & Miike...

Though the last two episodes have been a little muddled in terms of their targeted "messages", the ambition and sheer storytelling has been wonderful. Dealing with the issues of first amendment rights regarding images of Muhammad, the small mindedness/fear/responsibility of television networks, and the meta-level-ness of Trey Parker's and Matt Stone's own feelings on Comedy Central's decision to pre-empt/censor episodes of their show, South Park has never been more relevant.

And that relevance, aided with 6 day production schedules for creation of each new South Park, has never been more impressive. Outside of LOST, SP is the only show I make every effort to catch.

That's my own South Park character creation above. Do you own at here.

******************************************

Regarding Miike, I just caught up with IZO, and also just got my hands on his MASTERS OF HORROR episode, IMPRINT. IZO was certainly a trip. Ultimately, it wore me down to the point of disinterest; I was certainly entranced for a while, but its structure was just a little too bonkers.

I'm really looking forward to IMPRINT, though it's notorius reputation has most likely set me up for a fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker