Monday, March 13, 2006

I love the sound of my own voice...

This is cool. As I write this, I'm listening to the audio commentary track for our film, MAGDALENA'S BRAIN.

Commentary tracks fascinate and frustrate me. I'm in love with the idea of them, but in reality, I've only listened to three of them: THE EVIL DEAD 2, RUNNING TIME, and... hmmm, maybe there's only two -- I've always told people that there's three, I'll have to rethink that. And you'll notice that both of those movies feature Bruce Campbell, the king of the commentary. Me? Not so much. Though, to be honest, I'm kind of digging our first time out.

We tried to keep the track interesting, with a minimum of irritating little personal stories, and as I listen 48 minutes into the track, we were kind of successful. We wanted to treat it as an informative track for burgeoning filmmakers, but also a somewhat anecdodal one to keep it interesting. I think we pulled it off.

On July 25, you'll be able to judge yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker