Sunday, January 15, 2006

Back from Disney





Back from Disney.

I had a wonderful time. It was myself, my wife and our three children in a single, small, quite cramped hotel room (Disney would have you call it a "resort" room). We visited all four parks with Epcot probably being my favorite. Ate too much. Spent too much. But it's for the kids, and on that front... a wonderful success.

But now I'm back, right? Back to writing. Back to business. Back to getting myself to a place where I can get anoth feature film under my belt sometime this year. Right now I have three options.

-I produce and direct ATTACK OF THE SPACE CHICKENS. A script I wrote a while back that will not let me go.

-I collaborate with Warren on another film, much like we did with MAGDALENA'S BRAIN.

-Some other third thing.

Not sure what the answer is. But coupled with that decision is another multiple choice question.

-I remain at my full time job -- OK with $$, but pretty empty and miserable.

-I quit, and put together a patchwork career with teaching, consulting with other filmmakers, and freelance writing/producing in the local commercial/corporate world.

Money's the kicker here... for both sets of options/decisions. But either way, any way, I suspect I could continue to feed my family and pay my bills, so it just comes down to what I want to badly enough.

Not to do it badly; you know what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker