Saturday, January 07, 2006

Housecleaning

Bit of house cleaning going on. I've deleted all but my original post on this blog, primarily because they were the ramblings of a unfocused mind. No more of that. I leave for Disney World tomorrow with the wife and kids (Lori 35, Max 7, Amy 5, Zoe 10 months).

Yeah, I know... I'm preparing myself for it.

When I return, it's going to be one of those "first days of the rest of my life" things. I could tell countless stories about why I need to change things in my life (and may at some point), but for now, let's just say I've got a lot of shit going on and I'm starting to sort it out.

Anyway.

My name's Marty, and I'm a writer. There. How's that? I'm never comfortable saying that, but there it is. Now living up to it... that's where the trouble starts. 2005 was kind of a bleak year for me, though you wouldn't think it by looking at what I actually accomplished. How's this?

-Daughter Zoe born.
-Got raise and another section of the Scripwriting course I teach at Westfield State College.
-Got gig teaching Independent Film at Holyoke Community College.
-Found TWO distributors interested in acquiring the movie I wrote & produced, MAGDALENA'S BRAIN.
-Associate producing the feature film, CATHEDRAL PINES, that has the potential to be a pretty good film.
-Script doctored a nice little short, TERMINAL CONVERSTAION, to be shot this March.

And there's more, too, but looking at this list I myself find myself asking myself... and you're bitching about what?

Well, I have problems. Some pretty good ones, too. Though I'm not quite prepared to go into them now, though a big one does have to do with my current job, that of a writer/producer for an industrial video company. Very soul-sucking, very spirit-stealing.

And because of that issue (coupled with many others) I haven't been able to write much. At all, really. The script revision thing was somebody else's material and not too fulfilling. And the I've been pretty hands-off of the feature.

I have ideas, I always have ideas, but I haven't, you know... the ambition. That has to change. So this blog is a personal thing. I can't imagine anybody reading it, but it's going to serve a purpose. A record. A sequence of events that I can look back on and use aginst myself to start and complete projects that I know I have in me.

So.

A week in Disney World. And then a return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker